On May 20 I was invited to speak with hosts Bob O’Hara and James Huff on The O’Hara News and Editorial (“The ONE”) about the erosion in higher education of due process for men and boys who are accused of sexual misconduct. Overall, I think it was a great show. The show lasted a little less than two hours, and I divided it into three videos. I actually come in on the second video of this series.
This marks the fourth radio show that I have been invited to appear on to talk about men and boys in education. Here are the others, up to this point:
In this first video Bob and James discuss events that have been in the news, such as senator Claire McCaskill’s plans for sexual misconduct policies on campus, outrageous divorce settlements, and female rapists who seek asylum in other countries.
I come in at the beginning of this second video, when we have an in-depth discussion of sexual misconduct policies, discuss the psychology of education administrators, talk about how the monetary interests of universities, and discuss the questions from a few callers.
Sources for the discussions and claims in this video, sorted chronologically:
- TIME Magazine article on Joe Biden
- Inside Higher Ed article about senator Claire McCaskill
- FIRE’s article about the April 4, 2011 “Dear Colleague” Letter (DCL)
- SAVE’s article about the DC
- The Chronicle of Higher Ed – article about the DCL by Dr. Hoff-Sommers
- A Voice for Men’s article about the DCL
- Article at AVFMS about the rape list at Columbia University
- Article at Toy Soldier about the female rapist who sought refugee status in Canada
- Jonathan Taylor’s bio at AVFMS
- “Issues” page at AVFMS
- FIRE’s article about the Department of Education’s “Blueprint” regarding free speech
- AVFMS page about recording laws and devices
- AVFMS article about the special needs boy who was threatened with wiretapping charges for recording his bullies
- A Voice for Men promo for the first International Conference on Men’s Issues