If you are a semi-regular reader of this website, you may have noticed that it has recently undergone a substantial redesign. The design intent is for the website to have more functionality, a more professional appearance, and be a more expansive resource and reference point for men’s and boys’ education issues.
You can see what the website used to look like here (click to enlarge):
There will still be a few tweaks over the coming weeks, but they will likely be small in scale. Here is a list of a few of the changes:
- The front page has been entirely redesigned. Links to AVFMS social media channels are now featured more prominently, and these links now feature methods of directly subscribing to them from the AVFMS website. The Twitter feed now allows viewers to scroll through all AVFMS tweets while remaining on the website.
- On the front page, all future articles will now have a featured image on their front-page, along with a list of associated metadata that was not available with the previous design.
- The “narrow sidebar” is a feature of the upgraded theme for the website. A section for recommended articles has been added on the narrow sidebar to the right of the blog list.
- At the bottom of each individual article is now a “Related Articles” section where you can view more articles from that category.
- The search field is now nested within the menu itself, freeing up more space in the sidebar for other widgets.
- Tabs for popular articles, recent articles, and recent comments have been added into the sidebar.
- When viewing a particular full-length article, readers will now see a sidebar with links to other articles written by that particular author to the right of the article itself.
- A list of 40+ links to websites on men’s education issues, men’s issues, education issues websites, and “honorable mentions,” has been added to the footer menu.
- Various cosmetic changes.
I hope you like the new look. More to come in the future.