We have recently published a critical new resource primarily aimed to assist teachers, advocates, school administrators, and researchers. It is our own research database featuring the latest and greatest scholarly investigations on men’s and boys’ educational achievement and well-being.
This will quickly become our largest database, due in no small part to the fact that it actually contains ten sub-databases grouped by clusters of similar topics. They are:
- Attendance, Enrollments, and Dropout Rates
- Bullying, Depression, and Suicide
- Discipline, Classroom Management, and The School-to-Prison Pipeline
- Financial Aid
- Instructional Strategies
- Learning Disabilities and Disorders
- Male Role-Models
- Single-Sex Schooling
We may consider adding more in the future.
As you can see, this covers a very broad stretch of research territory. Our new database manager Mr. Archivist, brought into the fold this month, is already hard at work adding new records and investigating a long list of research leads we have accumulated. The consistent quality of his work, as well as his innovation, is indispensable in growing this project.
You can help us grow this resource in several ways:
- Send us research that isn’t yet found in the database by clicking on the contact form here. We will put it in our list of research leads to investigate and add. Be sure to tell us what key findings piqued your intrigue about that research piece.
- Donate. We use web app software that costs a subscription to keep it running. We also compensate our database manager for his time. Donating via this link will empower us to keep fighting the good fight – and fighting it better – every day.
- Send feedback regarding the structure, content, and user-friendliness of the database, or anything else you think we need to put on our radar. Message us via the contact form and let us know!
Check out the database!
Click here to visit the database. Remember: we’re just getting started adding research, and with your help we can grow this resource astronomically.
I’m excited about bringing this new resource to the community, and look forward to all the people we will touch in doing so!
Latest posts by Jonathan Taylor (see all)
- Interactive attorney map & sub-database implemented! - 02/10/2017
- Happy New Year! Onward to 2017! - 01/01/2017
- Problems re University of Minnesota’s Campus Committee on Student Behavior (CCSB) - 08/11/2016