We need to start connecting with college men and fostering a sense of collective consciousness among them. This new video, where I speak to students about men’s education issues, is a sample of my recent work in this regard:
I tried to do four things during this campus visit:
- Inform students that men and boys have issues that need to be addressed, and try to develop a consciousness about themselves as a group
- Inform students that education issues are divided into three areas: educational attainment and well-being, institutional bias, and rights and protections. I also gave a brief summary of each.
- Inform students that there are resources on this website in the event that a student is wrongly accused of misconduct (like harassment/stalking/sexual assault) on campus
- Ask students if they have ever heard of men’s issues before, and what they think of them.
Below are a few relevant links mentioned in the video.
Latest posts by Jonathan Taylor (see all)
- Interactive attorney map & sub-database implemented! - 02/10/2017
- Happy New Year! Onward to 2017! - 01/01/2017
- Problems re University of Minnesota’s Campus Committee on Student Behavior (CCSB) - 08/11/2016